Six Fall Ill After Consuming Wild Mushroom

Bolangir: At least six persons, all of a family, fell sick after consuming poisonous mushrooms in Ghunasur village under Khaprakhole block of Bolangir district on Tuesday.

The sick persons have been shifted to district headquarters hospital. Those undergoing treatment had consumed mushroom which might have contained toxic substances. All of them are recovering fast and they are of danger, hospital sources said.

Mushroom poisoning leads to gastrointestinal disorder, which may turn fatal is not hospitalized on time. The immediate symptoms of mushroom poisoning are stomach pain, vomiting, diarrhoea and drop in blood pressure, according to health personnel.