Feature Desk: World Laughter Day is celebrating on the first Sunday of May of every year. The first celebration was on May 10, 1998, in Mumbai, India, and was arranged by Dr. Madan Kataria, founder of the worldwide Laughter Yoga movement.
Today on World Laughter Day, here are 10 inspirational quotes by famed personality over the world.
1. There is nothing in the world so irresistibly contagious as laughter and good humour. – Charles Dickens
2. First, they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. – Mahatma Gandhi
3. A day without laughter is a day wasted. – Charlie Chaplin
4. If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge? William Shakespeare
5. Look up, laugh loud, talk big, keep the colour in your cheek and the fire in your eye, adorn your person, maintain your health, your beauty and your animal spirits. William Hazlitt
6. If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane. Robert Frost
7. No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world. Robin Williams
8. Always laugh when you can, it is cheap medicine. Lord Byron
9. As soap is to the body, so laughter is to the soul A Jewish Proverb
10. Cancer is probably the unfunniest thing in the world, but I’m a comedian, and even cancer couldn’t stop me from seeing the humour in what I went through. Gilda Radner