Pune, Two children were killed and one
severely injured in a fire at a village in Maharashtra’s Pune district, police said on Thursday.
Siblings Bhagyashree Kailas Thakur (4) and Shiva Kailas Thakur (2) were killed when a pile of grass caught fire in a stable outside their home in Otur village in Junnar tehsil on Wednesday, an official said.
The victims’ four-year-old cousin, who was injured in the incident, is currently undergoing treatment in Pune, he said.
“A spark from a stove near the stable fell on a pile of grass causing the blaze that killed two children and injured their cousin,” he added.